Monday, September 3, 2012

Pho 75 (Washington D.C.)

We woke up on Saturday morning not knowing if we'd starve because instead of waking up at 7am to go to the crab market, we woke up at 10am. We had wandered past some Pho the night before so we decided to try it out.

Our first impression was "Oooh pretty. This place is clean!" Our second impression was "Who the F pays $14 for pho?"

Let's just say.. this pho started at a 6/10. There's no way that pho can cost this much. But we were hungry bordering on paralyzed.



We got Pho #1 which was with all the good stuff - thinly sliced beef, meatballs, tripe, tendons. Bring it all on!! It came with hoisin sauce and Sriracha. So far it was still 6/10. I was expecting at least some gold flakes and foie gras.


Then came the realization that the bean sprouts were pretty nice. The meat was probably the freshest that I've ever had in a pho place... and the soup was really quite amazing and had no oil. Okay 7.5/10.


I couldn't finish even though I started off starving. i think they somehow packed in much more noodles than I'm used to. They also put in an insane amount of delicious beef.


My bf seconded this opinion. He finished and was full, which means that they gave us twice as much food as any other pho restaurant because he normally guzzles down two large bowls of noodles (much to the dismay of waiters). So in the end, he said that we technically got 2 great bowls of noodles and therefore he gave the place 9/10 or 10/10. I don't remember because I was so stuffed that I could not think for the next 30 minutes.

In the end, I'd say that this was the best pho I ever had... and it the most expensive. If you go, go hungry. Oh yes and I remember now. My bf gave them 10/10 because there was no MSG!

No comments:

Post a Comment