Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Cheese Fondue... at home

Some foods are made for cozy days. Fondue is one of them.

I'm not mixing my own cheese mostly because I do not want to look at the fat content, so I buy it from a box and never flip it over:


A thoughtful friend gave us a fondue pot 1.5 years ago, and it allows us to enjoy this luxury in the comfort of our own home.


The potatoes and broccoli were lightly sautéed, and the meat on the right was marinated in good old korean bbq sauce and grilled in the pan. The bread was leftover pretzel baguette that's gone a little old. I think apples are really delicious with cheese, and I always like to include a crisp red variety and a granny smith.

When we serve this in the winter, we would drink hot chocolate with mini marshmallows. Since it's the summer, we had it with coconut water.

No comments:

Post a Comment