Saturday, July 7, 2012

Sripaphrai

Sipaphrai is the only reason that I go to Woodside. It's the best Thai food I've ever had. Food is one of the reasons why Thailand is near the top of my list of places to visit.


Beef tendon in light soup. The light soup is savory and yet light (not just in color). The tendon is SO TENDER. It melts in your mouth but is not mushy. It has the right amount of bounciness but is not sticky. It makes me drool just writing about it.


C-14. It's just ground pork with chilis and basil, but it's so good. It used to be light-your-arse-on-fire hot but they've toned it down a bit. It's not necessarily an improvement though. This dish was the reason we came back after the first trek to Woodside.


Pad thai. I usually get the drunken noodles, pad see ew, or rad na, but I just wasn't in the mood for wide noodles today. The pad thai nothing too special.


Soft shell crabs! I don't know how they get soft shell crabs year round, but at least *right now* they're still somewhat in season. We usually get the one with green curry sauce, but we decided to go with basil this time. Still great. The sauce isn't as good, but because it's sitting in sauce, it softens the crust and doesn't cut your mouth as much.

I usually get dessert, but we were so stuffed!

No comments:

Post a Comment