Thursday, July 19, 2012

Spinach Ravioli

There's nothing like home made pasta. It's such a great luxury and yet so accessible. It takes about 15 minutes to make the dough once you get used to it. For the stuffing, I used spinach, ricotta, parmesan, salt, pepper, and an egg yolk.


Pasta maker - $50 well spent. I was a little worried at first that everything was in Italian, but it only had 4 parts. I decided to go rustic with the ravioli because I was too lazy to wash my ravioli mold.


I gave in.. the mold was still faster.


And the ravioli were prettier! and arguably fatter!

THEN my bf called. He wanted dinner after all. That's when I realized that I was making a vegetarian dinner... and I didn't want to deal with grumpiness, so I threw this together in a jiffy:


You never see these two ingredients together, but WTH. Protein is protein, and I had very little advanced notice.


First batch - the ugly ravioli. I kept them warm in the microwave. I'll divvy up the pretty ones for work so that people think that I'm Martha Stewart or something... but less neurotic... and not a criminal.

No comments:

Post a Comment