Sunday, July 22, 2012

Pan Con Tomate & Shrimp Crostini

When we were in Barcelona, we loved waking up to "that tomato bread". This morning I woke up and said "why not!" It was cheap and fast.

Balthazar Baguette: 2.99
Garlic: .49
Tomato: 1.49
Drizzle of olive oil: negligible

That's at most 5 dollars for more of this stuff than we can possibly eat. It took about 5 minutes to prepare. The picture below was only about 60% of the bread, and not nearly all of the garlic or tomato.


1. Slice bread
2. put bread under broiler for 1 minute
3. take a clove of peeled garlic and scrub it against the now slightly scratchy inside of the bread
4. drizzle with olive oil
5. Take a slice of tomato and scrub it against the bread as well.

I love making my meals a little fancy, so I made a shrimp topping as well... just in case I wanted to eat this all crostini-like.


I boiled the shrimp for just under 3 minutes until it was pink and bouncy. And then I chopped it coarsely and mixed in... The left over burrata from yesterday, wasabi mayo, dijon mustard, salt, pepper, dill, and green onion. I'm pretty sure that this combo would taste pretty good however you mix it, so I just did it to taste.

As a result we had a rocking mediterranean brunch!!

No comments:

Post a Comment